Thursday, July 8, 2010

the Mighty Medium

I'm not talking about the kind of medium that goes into a trance and foretells the future.  I'm speaking about what art tools you use or will use whenever you begin your great masterpieces.  Some artist enjoy using watercolors because they lens a soft touch to the work.  It is a very hard medium to work with and i admire anyone who is good at using watercolors.  Another medium is oil paint. this is one of my personal favorites.  Many of the old masters had to mix thier own oil paints because tubes hadn't been invented yet. Other mediums include colored pencils, chalk, oil pastels,acrylic paint and colored chalk. 

Which of these mediums do you think you would like and why?  Youcan always try them all

2 comments:

  1. You didn't mention markers - they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Markers and ink are my favorites to use personally, because the others require much more training than I have. I love the look of oil pastels, acrylic paint and watercolor. I recently used one of your digi images on a card, and I didn't color it at all. I tried all kinds of markers but they seemed to take away from the image. In the end, I left it just as you drew it which was the best. Lynne, I am glad I found your blog - you have soo much talent! I read your first posts, and I wanted to share my favorite Da Vinci quote about objects and light, "The color of an object illuminated partakes of the color of that which illuminates it." I totally agree with him from an art/light perspective but also from a life perspective.

    I see you designed this for discussions with teachers and students - hope you don't mind some paper crafters like me barging in too - I should have paid a lot more attention to art in school and since I didn't I think I will be a perputual art student!!!

    ReplyDelete